Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 4 - Time is Passing

Today wasn't a total waste. I had a conversation with my co-worker Michael and told him some of the basic plot points of my novel and was able to get some clarity regarding the core of my story. Sometimes talking about writing is helpful - but mostly it is just a distraction.

Tonight was a "Date night" with my fiance, Stephanie, so I didn't write per se. But she is very supportive of my writing and will do anything she can to help (God Bless her). We did watch a documentary series about "The Emotional Life" and I was inspired by one of the subjects - a former drug addict and Juvenile delinquent who was arrrested 24 times. Just by interacting with one influential adult he turned his life completely around and eventually became a successful Cardio-Thoracic Surgeon and professor. I will use some of that to fuel my character of JEROME.

The theme of my novel is HOPE - that makes me a little nervous because I don't want it to be sappy or sentimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment