Thursday, January 7, 2010

DAY 1 - Do I Really Want to Do This?

I suppose I am writing this blog as another way of procrastinating actually writing my novel. So I am applying a few simple rules - all my blog posts will be short and to the point to save my time and energy for the actual novel writing.

I am actually creating this Blog on Day Five since I started my novel writing process on January 3, 2010. But I will backdate a few posts like this one.

On DAY 1 I laid out the basics of a story that has ben knocking around in my head for the past ten years. It will revolve around three characters with the MAIN character being based in part on my Uncle James, deceased about ten years, my Dad's younger brother, who had a very difficult and challenging life rife with tragedy. I will interweave his story with two parallell stories, one about a young woman living in Florida and the other about an African American tenenager in North Carolina.

I spent about 2 hours this evening laying down the basics of an story outline - I ended up with three pages of notes. I like the absic structure so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment