Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Sorrow and the Pity - but enough about me...

Okay so I went off tracks for awhile there but I recently did something I recommend to every struggling wannabe writer out there in the blog-o-sphere - take a real Writing Workshop!


My fabulous fiancee suggested we go to the University of Iowa's Summer Writing Festivaland it was a great idea. Ten days and three workshops later (a pair of two-day weekend classes and a five day week-long workshop) I now have a newly completed short-story and about 20 new pages of decent novel material - but most importantly, I completely re-envisioned my novel and it will now be told in three first person narratives one of which is based in part on my own life as a teenager.

So there you have it. Look into U of Iowa for next Summer or check into your local colleges for writing workshops. It was great to be immersed in a serious atmosphere with other writers and experienced instructors who provided excellent input, stimulating creative exercises and all-around enthusiastic vibes. - JC

No comments:

Post a Comment